Poems For Patience is a long running series which over the past decade has featured poems by leading Irish and international poets such as Seamus Heaney, Philip Schultz, Jane Hirschfield, Michael Longley, Vona Groarke, Tess Gallagher and many more. The poems after exhibition on the Arts Corridor are then displayed in waiting areas throughout Galway University Hospitals.
Galway University Hospitals Arts Trust is seeking entries again for its exciting annual poetry competition.
- no more than 30 lines long.
- original work of the entrant.
- Unusually, poems previously published in magazines or poetry collections are eligible.
- Also do ask yourself if your poem is appropriate for the setting?
- The poem will be published and displayed on the Arts Corridor of University Hospital Galway as part of the 2015 Poems For Patience.
- Invited to read the winning poem at the launch of the 2015 Poems For Patience at the Cúirt International Festival of Literature in April 2015 with accommodation provided
- Invited to submit six poems for consideration for a Featured Reader at the Over The Edge: Open Reading series in Galway City Library.
- one poem €10.
- two or more poems €7.50 per poem i.e. to enter two poems it costs €15, to enter three poems €22.50 and so on.
Payment should be made by cheque or postal order payable to Galway University Hospitals Arts Trust.
That's a bit old school, no? Cheque?
Entries should be sent by post to
Galway University Hospitals Arts Trust,
Galway University Hospitals,
Do not put your name on the poems; please include your contact details on a separate sheet so it should be judged anonymously,
Deadline: Friday, March 13th 2015.