Deadline: 30th April 2016
- All submissions should be previously unpublished.
- Stories and essays should be 1500-5000 words. Flash fiction should be less than 1000 words, poems no more than 40 lines.
- We are happy to read up to two stories, up to two essays, up to four flashes and up to six poems. However, we ask that each writer submit in only one of the above categories.
- Submissions should be in one .doc or .docx format attachment, double spaced, and in a non-quirky font.
- Please include a short bio (max 50 words) in the body of your email.
- Email to bansheelit at gmail dot com, with the category of the work (flash/story/essay/poetry) in the subject line.
- We believe in paying writers. We can offer contributors a small fee as well as a copy of the journal.
Editors are Laura Jane Cassidy, Claire Hennessy and Eimear Ryan (none poets as far as I know. Ladies if you want some poetic editorial input, let me know. I have form...)
Some of our favourite themes include coming of age, sexuality, gender, mortality, complicated relationships of all shapes, the joys and frustrations of the creative life, our relationship with technology, and the extended adolescence of young adults in the 21st century. While our outlook is literary, we’re open to genre elements.