Friday 3 October 2008

Looking at things from another point of view

Writers have a duty to look at everyday things from another point of view. Morning coffee from the POV of the Barristo, the coffee bean, the cup. Commuting from the POV of the AA roadwatch lady, the homeless guy on a bench, the newly jobless, the piece of gum on the road.
Or a What if. What if the bus driver saw his wife out of the window in suspicious circumstances? What if your friendly security guy was replaced by his malevolent twin brother Richie? What if the office Lotto pool came up trumps?
What if you never send stuff out? You'll never get published and you'll never get rejected. What if you never put your heart on the line? You'll never get rejected.
Watch this.



P.S. Another day, another rejection. Bah.

1 comment:

Sheila Killian said...

thanks for that post! I was reading along and the line
What if you never send stuff out? You'll never get published and you'll never get rejected.
hit me where I needed to be hit!

So I edited up some things that have been taking up space on my hard disk, and have them ready to send

So thanks. I hate rejections. But if you're not being rejected, you're not out there trying, I guess