Wednesday 1 June 2011

The Hare With Amber Eyes


As part of Year of Craft and the visit by the World Crafts Council to Dublin, world renowned potter and author of 'The Hare With Amber Eyes' Edmund de Waal will give a public reading and interview.

Where: City Hall, Dublin
When: Wednesday 8th June at 6.30pm.

Tickets including a glass of wine are €10. Booking details are at
here

The event will be chaired by Eileen Battersby, literary correspondent with The Irish Times.

Wish I could go (but I can't)

5 comments:

Titus said...

Cool cool cool! The book is brilliant.
And I was at school with him and his brother. I've sat on a futon in one or the other's bedroom.
I doubt they remember.

Emerging Writer said...

I'll be sure to mention it. That has to be worth at least a free book, no?

Titus said...

I was in his older brother Alex's year, my younger brother Robert was in Edmund's year. King's School, Canterbury. Surname Palmer.
And if that gets you a free book, I'll eat my 'The Hare With Amber Eyes'.
He never sent me a copy.

Mari G said...

Reading your blog & notice you have published your novel. Congratulations! Didn't read about how it all came about even though I'm a follower...did I miss something or did you quietly just do it?
I will try to buy a copy even though I haven't an E-reader -if that's possible.
Congrats again!
Mari

Emerging Writer said...

Thanks mari it's early days yet. I plan to blog about the process when i'm a bit more sure of it. You can download kindle software to read on your pc