- poems entered in the competition should be no more than 30 lines long.
- They must be the original work of the entrant.
- Poems previously published in magazines or poetry collections are eligible.
- Do not put your name on the
poems; please include your contact details on a separate sheet.
- the winner will have her or his poem published and displayed on the Arts Corridor of University Hospital Galway as part of the 2013 Poems For Patience. The poems after exhibition on the Arts Corridor are then displayed in waiting areas throughout Galway University Hospitals.
- the winner will be invited to read her of his winning poem at the launch of the 2013 Poems For Patience at the Cúirt International Festival of Literature in April 2013.
- the winner will be provided with accommodation in Galway for one night during the 2013 Cúirt International Festival of Literature
- the winner will be given a copy of their poem printed as a Poems for Patience poster
- the winner will be asked to submit six poems for consideration for a Featured Reader at the Over The Edge: Open Reading series in Galway City Library.
Entries should be sent by post to Margaret Flannery, Arts Director, Galway University Hospitals Arts Trust, Galway University Hospitals, University Hospital, Newcastle Road, Galway.
THE CLOSING DATE is Friday, March 1st 2013.