1st prize: £500 2nd prize: £150 3rd prize: £50 Judge: Imtiaz Dharker
Rules and instructions for entry
- The competition is open to anyone aged 16 or over.
- Poems should be in English, must not have been published either in print or on a website, nor be currently submitted or accepted for future publication. They must not have been awarded a prize in any other competition.
- Poems must be your own original work and may be on any subject.
- Poems must be typed and no longer than 40 lines.
- Each poem must be on a separate sheet of paper, which must not bear your name, or any other means of identification.
- On a separate sheet of paper, you should give your name and address and the title(s) of the poem(s) submitted. And please let us know where you heard about the competition.
- Any number of poems may be submitted on payment of the appropriate fee, which is £4 for the first poem and £2 for each additional entry. Cheques (in sterling only) should be made payable to “Falmouth Poetry Group”.
- Deadline: 30th April, 2014.
- Results will be sent out in early June.
- Eight finalists will be invited by phone or email to read their poems at the festival, where the winners will be announced.
The Competition Secretary, Cornwall Contemporary Poetry Festival, 33 Church Street, Helston, Cornwall TR13 8TD.
The judge will read all poems submitted to the competition. There will be no sifting of entries.
More info on the festival here