The Stony Thursday Book is one of the longest-running literary journals in Ireland and celebrates its 41st edition in 2016.
This year's Editor of the Stony Thursday Poetry Book is poet and writer John Davies.
How to Submit:
- Each poet should send no more than 6 poems.
- Submitted poems must be previously unpublished.
- Each poet should submit a short bio (max 100 words)
- Submissions are being accepted by email and by post.
- When submitting poems by post please write your name on each page. Please mark envelopes: The Stony Thursday Book 2016.
- When submitting by email please reference TSTB 2016 in your subject line and please attach all poems in a single file attachment (pdf or doc).
Send poems to:
The Stony Thursday Book 2016, Limerick Arts Office, Limerick City and County Council, Merchant’s Quay, Limerick
by email to: email@example.com
Deadline: Friday 28th October 2016
About the Editor:
Born and raised in Birmingham, England, John Davies now lives in Brighton. His published work includes the full collection Shedman, Our Storeys – Art and Poetry in Healthcare, co-written with artist Sue Ridge, and the pamphlets Glove Poems and The Nutter in the Shrubbery. His work has been published in The Echo Room, Poetry South East, The Stony Thursday Book, The Guardian and the Irish Examiner amongst others, as well as online. A New and Selected is forthcoming in 2017.
He was director of THE SOUTH Writers' Network from 2002-2008, which promoted poets in Sussex and developed a longstanding connection with the CUISLE Poetry Festival in Limerick. At the same time he ran Pighog Press, which specialised in publishing Sussex (and Munster) poets. The Pighog list was transferred to US publisher Red Hen in 2014.
John is perhaps best known as Shedman, the itinerant poet in a shed who has appeared at numerous festivals and events since 2002. As Shedman, John’s commissioned work has included poems engraved into the windows of a learning centre on the Cambridge Biomedical Campus, a poem for the High Weald Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty and a series of poems for the atrium at North Middlesex University Hospital.
The Stony Thursday Poetry Book is funded by The Arts Council & Limerick City & County Council.