Friday 20 June 2008

Writing Exercise


Take a poem and translate it on the wonderful and free babel into a language of your choice. Then translate it back again. Repeat at will. Use the result as inspiration for an original poem of your own.

Dutch
I ran solitarily as a cloud
which on high oerdal and hillock
when I everything float turn in an one mob saw,
a host of golden daffodils.
Beside the lake, under the tree
dancing that and in wind agitation

Japanese
I as a cloud when loneliness
suddenly me whom you wandered about
meeting to crowd float with the valley and the hill of the high oer,
gold [ratsupasuisen] it is many.
Side of Kinosita's lake which the [bi]
comes with the breeze, dances,

Korean
I when seeing the multitude,
was lonely in the cloud
which will float from the top price
oer valley and the hill
and in order to go out the immediate
a golden trumpet narcissus majority, was.
On the tree lower part which is useless
from side of the breeze and the lake from virtue distance the ladle,

Russian
I wandered lonely in proportion to cloud
t it floats to the maximum [of veyl] and the hill of oer
when immediately I it saw crowd,
the owner of golden daffodils.
Near the lake, under the shafts
fluttering and dancing in the breeze

No comments: