Monday 23 November 2009

Ruth Rendell Short Story Competition


This is the 2nd outing for this short story competition run by Interact.

Any Genre (not just crime)
The length of each story must not exceed 1000 words.
Deadline: 21st December
Fee: £10

Prize: The winner will receive £2,000 and become InterAct Reading Service’s Writer in Residence for a period of one year. In that capacity the winner will be expected to produce five further short stories.

While the copyright of any story submitted to the Ruth Rendell Short Story Competition will remain with the author, the submission of a story is done with the understanding that InterAct Reading Service has the right to copy and distribute the story to its actors for use in hospital and stroke club readings.

I would think that a story for use in hospitals and stroke clubs must be uplifting, probably humourous (shock, horror!)

It sounds like a worthy cause anyway.

If you have won a prize in a competition you saw on my blog, please let me know. We should share success stories.

1 comment:

Karen said...

Thanks for the info! I'm a huge fan of Ruth Rendell so it drew my eye and I think I'll give it a go :o)