Sunday 11 December 2011

Cork Spring Poetry Festival

I went to this last year, to the Saturday afternoon and it was terrifically enjoyable. Some wonderful Irish poets, Dave Lordan, Catch The Moon (Tina Pisco, Cathy D’Arcy, Shirley McClure and guest Geraldine Mitchell) Gerry Murphy, Pat Cotter, Leanne O'Sullivan and a very memorable and exotic Maram al-Masri who is from Syria.

I really want to read there this year. I have lots of in laws in Cork and Cork Driscoll blood sprinting around my veins to please fit me in!

Otherwise there's this. Emerging poets are to be given a chance to appear on a programme with such luminaries as Nuala Ní Dhomhnaill, Fiona Sampson, Neil Astley, Gregory Orr (USA) and many other poets from Ireland, Britain, Canada, Croatia, Italy, New Zealand, Slovenia and the United States.

The Prebooked Poetry Reading is a free event involving up to eight poets who have yet to publish a full-length collection. Each poet will have the opportunity to read three poems of forty lines or under.

If you would like a chance to partake in this event submit three poems with a biographical note listing any magazine publication credits. Submissions will be accepted by email before January 10th to: munsterlit@eircom.net.
Emails must have the subject heading "Prebooked Poetry Reading".

The list of chosen poets will be posted on www.munsterlit.ie and www.corkpoetryfest.net by January 20th

3 comments:

Titus said...

Good golly, that's exciting. Good luck. I might have a crack at the pre-booked thing if I survive Christmas.

Titus said...

Good golly, that's exciting. Good luck. I might have a crack at the pre-booked thing if I survive Christmas.

Titus said...

Good golly, that's exciting. Good luck. I might have a crack at the pre-booked thing if I survive Christmas.