The winner will receive a monetary prize of €500 and will have their winning entry printed in the Roscommon Herald and the Roscommon People. It will also be broadcast on Shannonside FM.
Deadline: Tuesday, 30 September 2014
- Entries, in English, on any theme, in any literary form, will be accepted.
- The competition is open to anyone over 18. All entrants must have a connection with the county of Roscommon (born in, living in, currently working in, went to school in, etc).
- Typed entries (handwritten entries cannot be accepted) must be no more than 500 words. Mark the number of words in your entry on the bottom of the page. Entries over the 500 word limit will be automatically disqualified.
- Include your name, address and contact details, plus your connection to the county. Include these on a separate page, not on your entry.
- There is no entry fee.
- The competition will be adjudicated by Roscommon born poet, Jane Clarke. The judge's decision is final.
- Post your entry to: NEW ROSCOMMON WRITING AWARD 2014, Roscommon Library, Roscommon Town, Ireland.
- OR email your entry to: email@example.com. Title your email NEW ROSCOMMON WRITING AWARD 2014.