Monday 7 July 2008

doctor who


Well, thank goodness. Russell T Davies fooled me again. I'm so gullible. David Tenant is still The Doctor. And Rose has a happy ending of sorts. But poor old Donna. How very sad and the Doctor is left lonely and alone again.

From a writer's point of view, try and work out how exactly your emotions were affected by the story. Why were you (was I) so sad at Bad Wolf Bay and again at the end when Donna was left behind? Try and recreate this manipulation in your writing. Make the reader care about your characters as strongly as we care about The Doctor, Rose and Donna. We care about what happens to them, how they feel.

And how do you make a character as sexy and charasmatic as Captain Jack?

2 comments:

Eimear said...

Yeah, Cap'n Jack is quite the creation. I love sleazy-yet-admirable characters, like Mulder.

Eimear said...

Yeah, Cap'n Jack is quite the creation. I love sleazy-yet-admirable characters of his ilk, like Mulder.