Tuesday 7 July 2009

HappenStance Press short story competition


The third short story competition from HappenStance, a Scottish press that's making its presence known. I used to live in Scotland. I wonder would that make them more likely to publish me? I feel a story coming on about Lochs, the Glaswegian railway and rain.

Prizes: £150, £75 and £50
Judge: Janice Galloway
Length: 2,500 words (maximum).
Entry fee: £5.00 per story (£6 online entry).
Deadline: Saturday, August 9th, 2009.

Winners' (possibly also commended) entries will be published in a HappenStance chapbook.
Extracts from winning stories will also be published online.
Each contributor to the STORY chapbook will receive three complimentary copies.
A free tick-box critique will be offered to each entrant if an SAE is enclosed (or by email for online entry).

1 comment:

Anon said...

Ooh, Janice Galloway. Nice link, thank you for sharing it.

And Glasgow, and the railway, and rain? I chose to live in Glasgow for the climate. It makes me attractively snarly and passive aggressive and constantly, ever so slightly, damp... I tell you, the men on the the clockwork orange cannot resist my humid frizzy charms. Glasgow'll make a poet of me yet!