Monday 12 October 2009

Downwind of the Spire


Downwind of the Spire

What are you looking at anyway?
Don’t you know how cold it is up there?
I had my winter coat dry cleaned last Monday
and the hat I think was my brother’s
I found it at the back door
but I’ve gone and forgotten my gloves

I’m not delaying it any more.
My mind’s made up
I’ve spent long enough thinking about it
practising
checking the prevailing winds
and today’s definitely the day
one more now, maybe two
and it’s up, up and away.

For TFE's Monday challenge. Check out the others.

4 comments:

Totalfeckineejit said...

I like this one EW it's quirky, charming and humorous.It makes me smile.It would make a good short animation film I think.Don't know why but I get a lot of visuals in my head when I read it.I'm just wundrin how many balloons it would take to get meself to the top o da spoike? Probs cheaper to buy a helicopter! Well done ,Tankxz ye!

Dominic Rivron said...

Very funny. I imagine him descending afterwards by releasing the odd Pooh or Spongebob!

Taken away from the photo, I like the way what exactly is going on is left to the imagination.

Titus said...

I liked it too - the so direct address in questions of the first two lines, and then the glorious link to the photo when going over the clothing.
It's a bit oblique, and bit surreal, and yet, yet, it is so down to earth and real. Very good balancing act!

Dr. Jeanne Iris said...

This one made me a bit dizzy, EW, but I liked it nonetheless.