Sunday 10 February 2013

Cork Spring Literary Festival

I hope I'm going to see some of you next weekend in Cork city. I have strong Cork connections, both through marriage and diluted blood so I am extra proud to have been chosen as one of the "Emerging  Poets" reading on Saturday at 4pm in the Cork Arts Theatre. I will be alongside Cal Doyle, Annemarie Ní Churreáin, Kerrie O' Brien and Fiona Smith, as well as the winner of the Gregory O’Donoghue International Poetry Prize, Judith Barrington,

So if they do it alphabetically, I will be reading first. Don't be late or you will miss me! Details here

Any requests?

There are lots of events for the festival. Details here

I am hoping to get down in time to see Carolyn Forché and Karen Solie, two Canadian poets on Friday. 

I have a line in one of my poems about Canadians. Maybe I should read that one.

I wish i'd booked a place on the Saturday workshop with Carolyn Forché but I didn't and it's full.
Then a craft talk with Karen Solie on Saturday early afternoon, 2.30pm.
Håkan Sandell and Lyor Shternberg a Swedish and an Israeli poet after me at 7pm.
Immanuel Mifsud and Tomaž Šalamun from Malta and Slovenia at 8.30pm. 
Finally greatly looking forward to Gwyneth Lewis, the national poet of Wales and the accomplished Kathryn Simmonds at 10pm.

I went to the festival  a couple of years ago and had a lovely time. I particularly enjoyed the exposure to poets from abroad and in translation.

These are all in the Cork Arts Theatre on Carrolls Quay.

No comments: