Sunday 28 November 2010

Poetry Ireland Introductions 2011

Poetry Ireland is inviting submissions for the 2011 Introductions series. The series is designed for emerging writers with a track record of publication in reputable journals and magazines, who are working towards a first collection.

DEADLINE: FRIDAY 17 DECEMBER.

A short biography and covering letter accompanied by a selection of poems max 10 pages is requested.
Poems may be previously published or unpublished.

Applications should be marked Introductions and sent to Poetry Ireland, No. 2 Proud's Lane, off St Stephen's Green, Dublin 2.

It's well worth while doing, get your name around. You also get to do a workshop and they pay a small fee for your reading.

I think they should also publish a pamphlet with a sample of the poets chosen. They get great crowds at the readings.

3 comments:

Michael Farry said...

Thanks for that. Their webpage on the Introductions doesn't seem to have been updated though.

Emerging Writer said...

I'm pretty sure I read it on the newsletter. You can download the PDF. Is that you in the picture, Michael? i can just see you...

Michael Farry said...

Yes indeed I missed it when I got it myself. Thanks. Me? picture? - you mean the little Angela's Ashes type - yes that me in Senior Infants I think, a bit puzzled by this confused world. Still am.