Friday, 12 November 2010
JUDGE: Simon Armitage
DEADLINE: Last posting on Monday 29th November 2010 (or for online entries, 1st December)
ENTRY FEE: £25 — or £20 for Friends and subscribers. £1 surcharge is applied to entries submitted online.
Entrants are invited to submit a short collection of poems (20-24 pages), for the chance to win:
* book publication & six free copies (for the overall winner),
* pamphlet publication & 20 free copies (for three/four first-stage winners),
* a share of £2,000 prize money,
* a poetry reading hosted by The Poetry Business,
* publication in The North magazine
* and a session with Compass Points, NAWE’s popular professional development planning and coaching service.
Poems may have been published elsewhere, but must not have previously appeared as a published collection.
They also say:
If you can't afford the entry fee this year but still want to submit your poems, you're more than welcome to send up to six to The North magazine. (This is of course free of charge.)