When: Sunday mornings 10.15 till 1pm. The course will run for eight weeks. Beginning Sunday July 24th.
Where: Farmleigh House
The sessions will cover the following areas:
- Character creation: how to create plausible characters
- Visual writing: learn to write scenes that convey a visual message
- The Three Act Structure: What is it? How to use it. And the alternatives
- Plot: Where would we be without one?
- Narrative Technique: Voiceovers, flashbacks and flash-forwards, broken narrative, multiple narration and other techniques
- Screenplay Format: How to set out a coherent and readable screenplay
- Comedy Writing: The hardest thing of all
- Dialogue: When less is more
- Genre: Crime thriller, Horror flick, RomCom, Arthouse, Family film, Sci-Fi, Fantasy, Action Adventure....
- Treatments: The one page or two pager that could sell your film to a producer.
By the end of the eight weeks, the budding screenwriter should have created plausible characters, written several major scenes from their screenplay and developed a treatment for their film (or TV drama) project.
To apply for this FREE course, please send one sample scene or a short prose outline of your movie idea to:
Successful candidates will be notified as soon as possible.
Deadline: Tuesday July 19th.
Class numbers will be strictly limited.
Screenwriting tutor: Ferdia Mac Anna