Monday 18 May 2009

8 things


Yay - I've been tagged by Chicklit Sanctuary to do my version of 8 things!

I hereby swear to be entirely truthful!

Eight things I like:
See previous post

Eight things I did yesterday (actually Saturday):
Dropped my oversleeping son into Dublin v. early
Went shopping in Newry
Bought a kitchen bin
Went to see the new Star Trek film
Read the Guardian
Went to IMMA
Ate half a bag of honey roasted cashews and felt sick
Changed the bed

(What didn't I do? Write! My PC screen broke. Have to postpone writing my a** off for a week)

Eight things I wish I could do:
Sing in company
Get published in the Stinging Fly
the splits
cook falafel from scratch
Lose some weight
Win the Lotto
An MA
Draw

Eight things I don't like:
Bad manners
Beetroot
Golf
Corrupt two-faced politicians (or anyone)
Being corraled like sheep for a Ryanair flight
Horror Movies
Watching Football, rugby, GAA, paint dry, etc
Worrying about money

4 comments:

Pure Fiction said...

Five out of eight on your wish list are things I also wish I could do -(although I guess winning the lotto is a pretty widespread wish) I'm not terribly interested in doing the splits, or cooking falafel by scratch. But the MA thing is high on my list - if only they did a sort of one or two day a week MA, leaving room to travel, look after a child or two, and spend time with a partner . . .

Emerging Writer said...

All I can say is you should be happy you never saw the FAlafel I tried to cook last month. From a cookbook I will never trust again.

♥ Boomer ♥ said...

Hopefully you didn't change the sheets BECAUSE you were sick from eating all the bag of honey roasted cashews!!

Loved your lists!

Niamh Griffin said...

I like that you've got doing the splits and an MA in the same breath - I wonder which is harder :)